Curriculum grants can be used to develop curriculum for any type of class taught by faculty at the Seattle Colleges. We support face-to-face, online, hybrid, and open educational resource (OER) projects equally, based on the merits of the project. Follow the link below to access the application via the intranet, which has complete guidelines and requirements for the grants.
All faculty are encouraged to apply. The agreement provides for $20k for FTF and $10K for PTF annually.
- Individual proposals for new courses are funded up to $3,000.
- Individual proposals for course curriculum revision start at $600 up to a maximum of $1,800.
- Group proposals are funded up to $5,400. (Group projects may apply to one college or involve two or more colleges in the district.)
Curriculum Grant Application: Access through the Intranet (use the Curriculum Grants Link). Complete instructions are on the application.
Curriculum Grant Deadlines: (no applications accepted summer quarter)
- Fall 2018: Due Monday, October 22, 2018
- Winter 2019: Due Monday, January 28, 2019
- Spring 2019: Due Monday, April 29, 2019
Important Note: The application requires signatures from your Unit Administrator and from your VPI. The deadline for these signatures is Monday of Week 8 of the quarter. You are responsible for following through to make sure these deadlines are met. Log back in to your application page and scroll to the bottom of your application. Your application will have notations when your Unit Administrator and VPI have approved.
Application Review: Applications are reviewed during weeks 9 and 10 of each quarter (except summer). Applicants will hear back from the committee during week 11 of the quarter in which they apply.
Submitting your Deliverables/Final Reports:
The following documentation is required at the end of your work. These items should be uploaded to a canvas shell (name your course by the grant number, e.g. 16-CDG-99). Invite all Curriculum Development Committee members to the canvas shell (your campus Canvas administrator can help you with this). Committee member names can be found via the link at the top of this page. Alternately, you may post your deliverables to a shared drive and give the committee access to the drive. Please include:
- The course deliverables themselves (based on what you promised to deliver in your contract, i.e. syllabus, lesson plans, activities, lectures).
- A written abstract of the project. This is a brief (1/2 page maximum) summary of your project.
- A project report, 1-2 pages, describing the process and results of your project.
- A copy of your Final Report Checklist (from your contract), signed by your unit administrator
- A list of the measurable learning outcomes and assessment methods (1 page).
A link to a sample report including items 2, 3, and 5 can be found here: Sample Final Report
Deliverables Due Date: Curriculum deliverables/products are due on Week 6 one year after it was awarded. For example, if you applied for a grant Fall quarter in 2017, your curriculum must be completed by Week 6 of Fall quarter in 2018. If you submit your curriculum sooner than the deadline, the grant funds will be processed early (you don’t have to wait a year to receive the funds if you finish before then!).
View successful grant applications: