- This event has passed.
Towards A Transparent Institution:Using TILT Tools In Instruction and Student Services
May 21 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Towards A Transparent Institution: Using TILT Tools In Instruction and Student Services
Jen Whetham from SBCTC and Tsai-en Cheng with campus TILT members
1:00-3:00pm, May 21, North Seattle College CC2153
Are you a college staff or faculty member eager to
- support student learning and
- navigate college systems and processes to be more successful?
The tools created by the Transparency in Learning and Teaching Project (TILT) provide practitioners from both Instruction and Student Services with research-based strategies to achieve these two goals and improve the quality of student experiences in and outside of the classroom.
During this workshop, you will
- Hear colleagues from Instruction and Student Services share their lived experiences (challenges and successes) with “TILT-ing” assignments and other documents;
- Give and receive actionable feedback to “TILT” a document you use frequently with students with a “College Stranger”;
- Learn practical strategies you can employ to collect evidence on the impact of this intervention.
Not only will you enjoy rich conversation with colleagues from “Both Sides of the House”: the resulting shifts in practice and the evidence you collect will support our Guided Pathways redesign efforts!
Please mark your calendar and be there!
Please RSVP to FD@Seattlecolleges.edu, so we can have an estimate for refreshments. Thank you.
For more information, please contact Yilin Sun, district Faculty Development @FD@seattlecolleges.edu x 4103, or Jennifer Whetham, Assessment, Teaching and Learning, SBCTC@ firstname.lastname@example.org